Here's what I believe are the correct start dates for the various components of a season. If something is wrong, let me know so I can update the schedule. Thanks.

First Days of Recruiting are:

Sunday - Bryant
Monday - Leahy, Warner
Tuesday
Wednesday - Rockne
Thursday - Wilkinson, Stagg, Dobie
Friday - Heisman
Saturday - Camp, Hayes
5/22/2008 6:36 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Quote: Originally Posted By sluggo on 5/23/2008 Man, someone has way too much free time on their hands...
That's funny, lol ... But, this post is very useful. Thanks, Newper (and could you maybe petition to thumbnail this to the board?).
5/22/2008 11:00 PM
I used Excel so it did most of the calculating for me. I'll ask admin if they can sticky it, and I'll keep it updated as the seasons go by.
5/23/2008 4:10 PM
Nice job. About the only thing that is missing is what day of the week each recruiting starts. The day of the week would be useful so new players joining these worlds would know what days they need to be available for recruiting..and each world always recruits on the same days.But all anyone would have to do is check a calender. But i figured while your taking the time to make things easier for everyone, i figured that would help as well.Nice job.
5/24/2008 10:11 AM
Now if there was some way to import this into my outlook calendar...
5/25/2008 3:29 AM
I already had the same thing done for the worlds that I play in. (I was planning my family vacation and I didn't want to miss recruiting)
5/28/2008 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninhell on 5/25/2008Now if there was some way to import this into my outlook calendar...

+1
5/30/2008 1:06 AM
Thanks newper for the great information! I've put it in an actual "calendar" format for all worlds. Take a look at www.gdreports.com
6/18/2008 7:02 AM
I'm going to need someone to cover my recruiting on June 19th, 2064 -- I'm going to be vacationing on Mars and won't have time to access the site.

Seriously though, that calendar format is awesome!!
6/19/2008 1:26 PM
With the WIS/GD shutdown in mid-July, the perpetual calendar is going to have to be revised.
7/1/2008 10:59 AM
I'm ***uming that this means recruiting start days will now change. That is not good since I picked my worlds specificially for their recruiting days.Maybe the site should just be shut down for a full week... or add 4 days to the next job change period to correct the timing.
7/2/2008 1:33 PM
I'll change the dates in the pinned posts here as soon as the change over happens.
7/2/2008 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By redwolf95 on 7/02/2008I'm ***uming that this means recruiting start days will now change. That is not good since I picked my worlds specificially for their recruiting days.Maybe the site should just be shut down for a full week... or add 4 days to the next job change period to correct the timing.
Ditto this thought! What can we do to convince them to roll the schedule an entire week! This will totally screw up my world selections.....
7/2/2008 5:15 PM
An even one-week dead period works for me. I know my schedule as it is and don't have to calendar it. And the teams I was planning to eventually keep and drop depended in large part on what day of the week they recruited on, I thought I had this all planned but now I may have to revise it.
7/3/2008 12:45 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.